Monday, September 29, 2014

No Sew DIY Velvet Pumpkins.

Hi sunshine, I'm so happy and excited to share with you guys how I made these velvet pumpkins! These gorgeous little black velvet beauties didn't cost me one dime to make. I will share the details with you on the bottom of this post.


I'm so pleased with how they turned out! They're chic and just the way I had envision on my mind before I made them... 


My daughter Tiffany called dibs on this silver pumpkin. When she saw the finished product, she said mom I want the silver pumpkin for my room.  She has such good tastes!


This beauty is dressed in a silver bow and accent with white pearls. 


I didn't have enough embellishments, so I dressed this pumpkin in silver and gold accents with a sprinkle of white pearls. 


Another shot of my classic elegant velvet pumpkins! I'm very proud of myself for making these super duper gorgeous chic beauties!


Okay on to the details of how I made these lovely little beauties...  Go ahead and shop around your house for items that you already have and can use for this project. Gather everything together and lets get started! 

For my project, I had a black velour outfit that has rips around the wast line and the zipper on my jacket didn't work anymore! The fabric was a perfect fit for my velvet pumpkins. The silver pumpkin was made out of my tank top, one that I didn't wear any more. The ribbons, pearls and etc I already had on hand from years back.  The stems are from branches that we had in our backyard. 

First you'll need to cut out one of the leg or sleeve from your item of choice. The length depends on how long you want the pumpkin to be. I just eyeball my as I went along... Turn your fabric inside out. Gather up your fabric and pinch it together. Hold it tight and use a rubber band to hold it together. Make sure this part is tight. Flip your fabric inside out and fill your pumpkin up with a filler. I recycle my filler from one of our old pillow. You can use rice, beans or any fiber filler that you can get your hands on. Fill up the pumpkin and shape it with your hands to give it an even look. Now gather the top of your pumpkin and put your stem in and tie it with a rubber band.  Trim off the extra fabric and you're done! I also tied ribbon on the body of the pumpkin to give it real pumpkin look. Tie your ribbons on the pumpkins tight so the fabric kind of pop out. do this four times to give it a real pumpkin effect. I'm not good at describing this part, sorry!  Super easy and fun to make. Decorate with whatever that you like... 

I hope you guy enjoyed this No Sew DIY Velvet Pumpkins! I had a blast making them, and they look amazing displayed around my house. If you make some I'd love to see them please post a link on the comment below. Have a wonderful week and Happy Crafting lovely people!

Hugs,

 photo cyndihallopatch_by_blizzardskies.gif

 photo PumpkinChadCyndi.png














2 comments: