Friday, January 31, 2014

Chinese New Year Celebration 2013.

Happy Chinese New Year 2014! It's year of the horse.
Welcome to my home... 


This is the first year that I decorated for Chinese New Year at my house. Normally we always go to my parents house to celebrate Chinese New Year there with all my siblings, nieces and nephews. 

I want my children to grow up to know their Asian cultures, so I've decided to celebrate and decorate  CNY at my house from this year and forward...


For someone that doesn't have any CNY decorations, I manage to come up with this... This is my own take on how I like to decorate CNY. I think that I did a pretty darn good job considering that I really had nothing to start with. I made use with what I have... and this is what it looks like.


I bought some CNY food at the Asian market and this is what I display on my table. I dressed the table in a gold table cloth.  I used red & gold plates, I filled the glass jars with red lucky candies, and red and silver Hershey kisses. The wine bottle is dressed in a Asian gown and it looks so fancy and elegant! 


Here are some of the basic CNY foods. I won't go into detail, bc I'm kind of in a hurry... 


On Chinese New Year's Day, I made some Vietnamese Pho Ga. Pho Ga is basically a rice noddle soup, served with chicken or beef . I put the Pho Ga in a white bowl and on top of a white dish that holds the sprouts and sauce. I love the way it came out, so elegant. On the side I served VN meat loaf, pickled veggies and Banh Chung. 


Here's a close up shot of my food...


Banh Chung is a rice cake filled with yellow beans and pork. I LOVE banh chung, because it's something that I only get to eat during the NY.


These are the VN meat loaf... sliced and put on top of a banana leaf. 


Did you guys enjoy my CNY photos as much as I have! I had so much fun cooking and taking pictures of everything! My children on the other hand were so very happy getting to know their culture. Have a beautiful week everyone!

With love and gratitude,

Amour_douxx@Amour Blinkies photo 176-cyndirelli.gif



No comments:

Post a Comment